Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 Days of Thankful: Grandpas

Today I realized that Brendon and I's grandfathers are flip-flopped in age this year--Grandpa Moore is 89, Grandpa Hurst is 98. Though I'm not sure either one of them would say they are really thankful to still be around, I sure am. I am thankful for the both of them and the examples and influences for good that they are in their respective families.

September 2001

It makes me sad that we are so far away from them at this time in their lives--they both live in Utah. I'd love to be close enough that visits weren't extraordinary events, and I'd love it if my children were able to really know and create memories with their only great-grandparents.

As it is, extraordinary visits will have to do (hoping for one in 2014!), and I will do my best to teach my kids to be grateful for their extraordinary heritage.



This short video Shelly sent me is what got me thinking about our grandpas today. I love the sentiment at the end: "I don't know what else to be but grateful. Honest, I just don't."




1 comment:

Shelly said...

I'm glad you liked the video. I thought of Grandpa too when I watched it.