I am thankful that the kids love reading as much as they do, and I am thankful for the good books that fill our shelves. And speaking of shelves, I am also thankful for the new ones Brendon built in a dead space we had between the kids' bedrooms. It looks so awesome!
More room for moore books.
I'd love to hear what good books you are reading in the comments!
"The English author Aldous Huxley wrote, 'Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.'
"We often take for granted the very people who most deserve our gratitude. Let us not wait until it is too late for us to express that gratitude....The loss of loved ones almost inevitably brings some regrets to our hearts. Let’s minimize such feelings as much as humanly possible by frequently expressing our love and gratitude to them. We never know how soon it will be too late.
"This requires conscious effort—at least until we have truly learned and cultivated an attitude of gratitude. Often we feel grateful and intend to express our thanks but forget to do so or just don’t get around to it. Someone has said that 'feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.'"
From "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" by President Thomas S. Monson
2 comments:
Love that shelf! Nice work, Brendon.
That shelf is wonderful. When Edgar made us a new shelf he wanted to get rid of our cheap and ugly bookshelves. I told him we will always need as many bookshelves as we can get our hands on.
I am loving Lili's 5th grad Sonlight books--maybe you know these books. Three of my faves so far are: Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, I Rode a Horse of Milk White Jade, and Listening for Lions.
Post a Comment