Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm Wucky!

This fall we instituted "snuggle night" in our home. Each of the kids get one night a week to stay up just a bit later than everyone else and hang out with Mom and Dad in our room. They named it themselves, because we usually spend it snuggled up on our bed, talking about whatever they want. Sometimes we might bring up a serious issue that needs attention, and other times we might just watch funny YouTube videos together. In just a short while, they have come to really count on this time together. (See the most often heard phrases on our Year in Review post.)

Anyway, Brendon and I were talking (again) the other day about how quickly our kids are growing up and how we really need to capture this time, so last night I recorded our conversation with Alex during his snuggle time.

Totally priceless.

I will spare you the whole fifteen minutes, but here is a little one minute clip that includes one of my favorite things he does these days. There is no video--he wouldn't have opened up as much if he knew I was recording--just a picture of him from yesterday, with the "For" stuff he mentions at the end of the clip.



We are so wucky to be his parents!

5 comments:

Jenny N said...

oh my gosh! DYING! this literally made my heartache. So sweet.

Nelson Family said...

So cute. I love this idea to set aside a snuggle night.

Olivia Cobian said...

What a wonderful idea! I want to start snuggle night here! Alex is so sweet and so wucky to have such great parents!

Emma said...

Precious! Can I come to your snuggle night? You are such a wucky boy, Alex!

Karisa said...

Adorable!