I kid you not, the morning of New Year's Day, she was up, writing what she called a "blueprint" for her birthday...
Brown and Pink Balloons
Breakfast: Waffles with "HIPPO" spelled in whipped cream
Lunch: Turkey and Swiss Sandwich on white bread
Dinner: Spinach Enchiladas
Hippo Cake (Things Needed: confetti cake mix, candy rocks, blue frosting, hippo figures, polka-dot candles)
Gingerbread House ice cream
The white bread for lunch and things needed for the hippo cake crack me up. This is a girl who knows what she wants! And this is a toned-down version since she decided she would trade a friend party for a trip to the Fort Worth Zoo later in the spring--to see their hippo habitat, of course!
Woohoo! It's January 2nd and my birthday is totally planned out!

5 comments:
The HIPPO in whipped cream made me laugh. I love that your kids know exactly what the want for their birthdays!
And I thin you need to share the spinach enchilada recipe. Sounds yummy!
sweet girl...loving this pic.
That is so Rachel too! What a cute girl!!!
She has some seriously awesome party planning skills! I'm a fan from a far (emily aka Jenny's roommate in Seattle)
Leigh, I'm feeling pretty darn silly that I haven't been to your blog in way toooooo long. I'm sorry. I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up tonight. Thank you for leaving a comment so that I would remember to come back and read yours. I've been missing out.
Post a Comment