Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Centered

Last night was our traditional candlelight Christmas dinner:



I tried to keep the picture taking to a minimum, but if I'd had the camera at the table, you would have seen Alex's face as we went around the table afterwards, telling something we loved about each person. He was positively glowing with pride as we described how we love his laugh, his snuggles, playing with him, and being his best friend forever. Totally priceless.


A little Christmas music dance party afterward also meant taking breaks to rest in front of the tree lights, and we topped it off with a reading of Christmas Day in the Morning, which I couldn't get through without choking back an ugly cry.

This night always makes us feel a little more centered as we head into these fun days right before Christmas. After the meal, Gracie presented the family with this card: (You gotta love the pop-up design, right?)


"Christmas is not about presents and Santa. It's all about Baby Jesus and being together as a family, like Baking Weekend, and Christmas morning, and last, any time."

Couldn't agree more, Pace.

3 comments:

Jenny N said...

Oh my Gracie Lou. That is the sweetest thing ever!

Shelly said...

I love this tradition. Oh, I wish we could see Alex'a face but I will try to imagine it. And Gracie's card is precious!

Karisa said...

That's the prettiest tree picture I've seen. What setting on your camera do you use!?!?