Monday, August 15, 2011

New York: At Home

While we spent the majority of our time in NY going and doing, we did have plenty of downtime where we just let the kids play together at home. Especially since, in the first week, a random "phantom" fever passed through all of the kids save for Shayne and Lauren and necessitated a little more rest for our motley crew.

Home1

Shayne and Ethan spent much of their time battling each other with Ninjago or Bakugan...things. I don't get it (like they instinctively seem to), but it kept them busy. Seriously, there were a couple of times I made Shayne come and sit by me for a minute or give me a hug since I felt like I got to see him so little; he and Ethan were always off doing their own thing, which is a good thing.

Home14

You can see that the other kids did a pretty good job of partnering up with their cousins as well:

Home13
"Best cousins," Lauren and Gracie, skipping through the park holding hands.

Home12
Simon and Aubrey. What a pair these two are! Trouble with a capital T!

Home8
This is a moment of sweet sharing between Jillian and Alex, but rest assured it was not always two-year-old bliss.

Aside from their partners-in-crime, Shelly also made the downtime awesome by working ahead of time to amass a ton of fun projects for the kids to do...

Home6
Paper airplanes with rubberband catapults. I don't think we'll ever make paper airplanes again without this. Totally the way to go, easy enough even for the littles to catch some huge air.

Home7
Marshmallow Sculpture Contest

Home11
"Lava lamp" water bottles

Home9
Sponge water bombs

Home10
Home4
Water balloons and water balloon volleyball

Home3
Tie-dye tees

Home2
Marshmallow Poppers

We are missing all the fun so much! And not just because all of the above took place in temperatures below 100 degrees!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That is a really sweet picture of Alex and Jillian that truly was a rare moment.

Jenny said...

love the one of ethan and shayne walking like that. So cute. All getting so big. And fun activities. I want to play!