Wednesday, May 11, 2011

TV Talk

I might have a mild obsession with Nathan Fillion going on. I've watched every episode of Firefly, and the movie Serendipity, on Netflix; now we've moved on to Castle and are already into season two. Brendon, while he does not share my Fillion-aire enthusiasm, has enjoyed these series, too. Two thumbs up.

Now that I am done with school, I'm looking forward to catching up with Coach and Tami Taylor and the final season of Friday Night Lights. Jenny left me the dvds when she was here visiting before Easter, and just based on the couple of episodes I've watched, I foresee the need for keeping kleenex handy!

Favorite new tv discovery? Parks and Recreation with Amy Poehler. Laugh out loud good. (Shelly, watch the first two seasons on Netflix and then catch up with this season on Hulu. ;)

I know this post is making it sound like watching tv is all I do--and hello, no wonder you haven't had time to blog!--but really, touching on these few things is covering pretty much the entirety of my current tv knowledge. We don't have cable, but between Netflix (streamed to the tv via the Wii) and Hulu (on the computer), we can stay pretty caught up on the shows we want to. We don't miss regular tv at all, except for live sporting events.  So we watched the Superbowl with friends, and caught most of March Madness via live streams and real-time updates on the web. It works for us.

Can I just tell you how much I love The Office this season? I'm not sure where it is going to end up, but so far it's just been brilliant in my book. I love love love the way they sent Michael off this season, how they wrapped up his character and let him be happy. The episode where they screened Threat Level Midnight? Perfection. The proposal episode? The scene where Pam and crew bring him in for a brainstorming session and all tell him that Holly is the one makes me tear up just thinking about it. And, of course, I'm a huge Will Ferrell fan, so no matter how it ends up, I've loved every minute of it. Great stuff.

So, what are you watching?

6 comments:

Shelby M. said...

To feed your Nathan Fillion obsession don't forget, "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" it is available on Netflix.

Jenny said...

ya' welcome for FNL and P&R. Ben and Tom are like my favorite thing ever right now.
I've liked the Office but it's not been my favorite. I'm dying to find out who the permanent replacement will be. Hoping for Ricky Gervais or Will Arnett.

Marchelle said...

I'm going to have to check out Firefly. I love Castle it's my favorite show next to Hawii 5 O.

Kerry said...

ahh I miss the Taylors...can't wait to watch the new season! just finishing up all episodes of Grays Anatomy. Gotta love Netflix!

Shannon said...

Actually haven't watched much tv. Trying to cut it out of my life.

Shelly said...

I will have to check out Parks and Rec...thanks alot for giving me one more thing to suck away my time ;)