from a proffittable life
When Shayne read it, he said something like, "What's that for?" I joked, "For me! Don't you think I'm the best mom in the whole entire history of the world?"
Pause.
"Not really."
Ouch.
What happenend to that whole mother/son, my-mom-can-do-no-wrong bond we were supposed to have going on? His eyes weren't supposed to be open to my failings this early on!
And my incredulity at his response immediately set in the mother-guilt; he got embarrassed and started saying things like, "Sorry! You are! You are! Sorry!" And my favorite..."I didn't know!" As in, "I didn't know I was supposed to lie!" Ha! The fact that I made him feel like that is just another mark in the NOT the greatest mother of the world column for me.
Lesson: Apparently, I could do better. (Like I didn't know that one already!)
5 comments:
Who do you suppose he was comparing you to?
I was wondering the same thing as Jenny. I think you are a fantastic mother and I often ask myself, "What would Leigh do?"
Hilarious!! I just cherish the moments (few and far between) when I get a spontaneous hug from my boys and hear them utter, "you're the best mom in the whole wild world!" It gives me just enough of a boost to deal with life the other 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time! lol
Don't fall off the blogging bandwagon. keep going!
I'm here...begging for a teeny, tiny blog. Just one photo. Something.
Post a Comment