Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bayners

What's up with Shayne?
  • He is sure he's going to win the Grand Prize in a Lego design contest. I don't think he quite gets how many other kids might be entering. We may need a math lesson on odds before the winners are announced. This is his entry, the Ninja Tank:
Bayner3
  • He is learning the Star Wars theme for his piano recital coming up in a few weeks. His teacher gave it to him last month, mentioned that it was a harder piece, and suggested he concentrate on just one line per week. He had the entire song memorized a week later. Never underestimate the power of the force. (I'll post video after the recital.)
  • He fancies himself to be quite the chef. He'd be happy to make you his "Famous Cheesy Eggs" or his "Famous Ham and Cheese Quesadilla" next time you're here.
  • His go-to movie of choice? The Sword in the Stone. Interesting, huh?
  • He loves Scouts. He came in 9th place (out of 24) at his first Pinewood Derby last month. One spot away from being in the final bracket. Actually, he tied for eighth, and they had a race to determine the spot. It was a tough loss (It's so hard to see those watery eyes as a mom!), but we were proud of the way he handled it and cheered on his friends. Of course, lunch at Five Guys afterward helped speed the recovery, too. Though Brendon said that next year, buying a special set of wheels that would ensure his placing would be much cheaper than a consolation lunch! ;)
Bayner1
Gotta love this picture; I knew keeping five pairs of my cheap sunglasses in the car at once would come in handy someday!
  • He has a little BFF/admirer. Kaleb just adores Shayne. His mom tells me that it's "Shayne this" and "Shayne that" all the time. It cracks me up and is so sweet at the same time. I'm thinking a lot of it has to do with Shayne's big kid video games and toys (Kaleb is four). And his charming personality, too, of course.
Bayner2
  • He has saved and saved and saved his money so that he could finally buy a Dragonoid Colossus, and it's on its way to our front door as I type. We'll see how long the novelty lasts once it's in his possession--I'm guessing it was a bit more about the chase and the goal than the actual item.
  • His next monetary goal: Gas money. I guess he heard us talking about gas prices, so the other day he told Brendon that he was going to start saving his money to help us pay for gas to go to New York this summer to visit Ethan. How sweet is this kid?
Bayner5

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Be still my heart. You made me start crying when you said he wants to save money for gas to visit Ethan! So, so tender. Love him!! Thanks for the update...and can't wait to hear the Star Wars theme. Ethan will be so jealous!

Jenny said...

looove that sunglasses picture! Your kids and the sun! Can't wait to break mine out this weekend. Think I've worn them three times in the last 6 months.
Love the update. Sweetest kid ever. And I love long hair Shayne.

Shannon said...

Love the update too!!! Keep them coming!!!