Thursday, December 2, 2010

Better Blogging Ahead

For the two of you who still check the blog anyway.


Today, I had a little mini-dream come true. I've always wanted two Christmas trees...one family tree and one "fancy" tree. We've just never had the space; I'm not sure we do even now, but I made it happen anyway, thanks to a Black Friday cheap-o tree we picked up last week and some ornaments courtesy of Target's post-Christmas sale last year. We put it in our bedroom, and I had a ball decorating it this morning. All by myself. No darling clumps of ornaments at three-year old level, no fighting over who got to put on what ornament. Ha! I wasn't a complete spoil sport, though. They did put the tree up for me in the first place, for which I was very grateful. After spending six hours winding lights on our huge family tree last week, I don't think I had another tree in me!


Tree2010


It's little, but it's lovely! Merry Christmas to me! I may even make the kids' dreams come true next year and let them have colored lights on the family tree, now that I have my own. (I'll still put my foot down at them blinking, though!)



7 comments:

Jenny said...

oooo, fancy! glad you're back. Make it work!!

Shelly said...

Very pretty! I want one :)

Sarah said...

I still check, Leigh. I love the tree!

Kari said...

I've wanted my own "fancy" tree for years and years.I have boxes and boxes of ornaments just for it one day. I'm so jealous.

Sissa said...

Totally love it! One day I'll have a tree to myself too. G and the boys have their own....

Kerry said...

looks great!

Libby said...

Leigh, I love it! I have always put my foot down on the blinking lights as well!