We went into Memorial Day weekend with big plans. BIG FUN AHEAD. Ball games, parties and get-togethers, bbq, and water fun.
Yeah...no.
By the end of Gracie's ball game Saturday morning, it was clear we had a problem on our hands. Shayne. Fever. Big sigh. My kids seem to have a gift for this sickness before events thing.
So, Brendon and the other kids bravely carried on (ha!) while I manned the sick fort at home. Not a huge deal, but not tons of fun either.
And then there was Sunday. Brendon and the girls were at church, I was home with the boys, and it wasn't long until I heard those words every mother dreads...Mom, I think I'm going to be sick! Of course, he didn't make it to the bathroom, so I had to quickly figure out a way to block the one-year-old from tromping down the hallway into a puddle of...well, no need to go into detail there. (But thank heaven for tiled halls!) I grabbed a couple of chairs from the dining room to construct a barricade, which completey set Alex off screaming. How dare you! I need to know what's going on! I need to be in the middle of everything! I ignored him and rushed to get Shayne and the hallway taken care of. Only, in that rush, I jumped over the chair barricade with more towels...and crash. Hello, broken big toe.
So, to recap the awesome moment: Shayne heaving, Alex screaming, and Mommy crying and trying to keep from blurting out how she really feels.
How was your Memorial Day weekend?
We survived. We tried to reclaim the weekend just a bit by having some of our own backyard water fun on Monday afternoon, where I hobbled out to capture these pictures:
But this is the one that pretty much sums up our time:
Poor kid. He was so disappointed. His fever didn't break until late Tuesday night, either. He really got a nasty flu bug. Say a little prayer that it doesn't attack anyone else in the house?
8 comments:
That chubby feet picture is awesome!!!
That is always the way it goes isn't it. I hope the rest of the family doesn't catch it.
oh, poor Shayner. That is such a sad picture. And yeah, I couldn't love that flip flop picture more.
WOWZA! Sounds like a crazy weekend. I too love the picture of Alex's feet! Just precious. And that picture of Shayne is so sad. Hope everyone feels better and stays well!!
love the picture of Alex feet!! Poor Shayne..hope he feels better really soon! I need to get John a pair of those flip flops! So where did you get them! Cute!
Those are some cute chubby feet! Darling little boy! Sure op Shayners feels better fast.
LOVE the feet!! Poor Shayners!!! That's so sad! Hope he's feeling better now and he can have some fun this weekend!
Rachel threw up snot (major sinus infection) down the electric window slot of my van when she was about six. I'd hurriedly opened the window and was directing her head "out" when she let loose. For year afterward, that window streaked after a rain.
They don't make the Mother's Cards we REALLY need, Leigh! xoxo
you blogging today?
Post a Comment