Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Goings On

Thanks for the fun comments last week on my way-back posts. I thought it was so interesting to see as I was reading through the old blog how my posting style has changed since the beginning. I used to write a lot, and post a picture or two every now and then. Now, it's almost the opposite, largely, I'm guessing, to the influence of reading several caption-style bloggers likeThe Pioneer Woman. I'm going to try to strike a better balance.


My feelings have been very tender and emotions near the surface this past week, as it was about this time last Wednesday I received word that a wonderful family friend, Phillip Johnson, had passed away. My heart is simply aching for his family. I want to write down some memories and some thoughts about the influence he and the rest of the Johnsons have had in my life, but need to gather my thoughts a bit more. Soon...


In the meantime, here are just a few pictures of the goings on around here:


Going1 Goings2  


Alex and Aubrey kicking it at the ballpark, playing in the dirt.


Goings3 Goings4 


Tissue paper flowers for our Cinco de Mayo dinner, and Alex and Aubrey snuggled up one morning.


Goings5 Goings6 


Gracie has turned bed-making into a bit of an art. I'm trying to "let go" and let her do it her own way, and the results can be quite humorous. It reminds me a lot of my own bed growing up. (Remember the stuffed animal arrangements on the rainbow bed, Shelly and Jenny?)



4 comments:

Jenny said...

oh geeze, we had like 50 stuffed animals that started in the corner and spread out. What is so appealing about stuffed animals? Weird.

Lorraine said...

I love reading your blog! And I love seeing the pictures. I most more pictures and write less, mainly because I have less time, and I figure the grandmas want to see pictures anyway. :)

Kari said...

When you learn how to "let go" the bed making thing, let me know. My kids make their beds every morning and I just try and not look at them for the rest of the day. Crooked comforters make me crazy. I have to settle for remaking mine whenever Jeff tries to be nice and make it for me. Luckily it's not that often.

Shannon said...

I even remember the stuffed animals!