Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Photos

People...


OF COURSE I need to say more about Alex's birthday! It was his first birthday. It was our last first birthday. It needs its due!


And OF COURSE, the birthday needed a theme and a little party. Even though I tried to convince myself otherwise a few weeks ago when I was a bit stressed and not in the mood for party planning, it's tradition now and just wouldn't be the same without it. Especially this birthday!


IMG_2203 


So I had an idea in my head, and I'm so pleased with the way it turned out. I wanted to do an alphabet/flashcard theme because "A" is for Alex! So, with a big thank you to Cameron, who created a line drawing from a photo of Alex, I designed the invites to look like flashcards. The back side had another "Aa" and all of the party information.


Here are the rest of the party goodies:


2010-05-22 


"This party was brought to you by the letter Mm" favor bags filled with M&Ms, coordinating water bottle labels and banner, an ABC chandelier, and flashcard food labels. Love it! (With a nod to the post at Seriously So Blessed about the over-the-top themes :)


2010-05-251 


We (it was all family...Jenny came up and Nana, Papa, Bill, Clark, Marchelle, and Bryant came over) ate a little (artichoke dip and bruschetta) and then watched Alex open presents. He was all about the few balls he received. He'd look at the other gifts and then just try to dive around Brendon to find where he had hidden them.


2010-05-252 


Then we watched Alex just grin and barely touch his cake while everyone looked on, only to really get in to it when everyone had moved on. Then we ate some more (chicken alfredo pizza and caesar salad).


IMG_2382 


Then we had a second birthday serenade for Jenny, whose birthday was Tuesday, and enjoyed some of PW's chocolate sheet cake. Can you say full?


AlexBday4 


It was a yummy, sweet little celebration for a yummy, sweet little boy! Look how grown up he is!


Oh wait, one more picture...probably my favorite from the day:


AlexBday12 


Looooooove! Thanks, Jenny, for capturing it. (Blanket Disclaimer: Whenever you see a really good picture on my blog, the likelihood that Jenny took it is about 99.5%.)



5 comments:

Jenny said...

oh, he's so darn cute! Great job with this theme. it was SO cute.

Cecily said...

Wow. What an amazing party! Love the flashcards and banner. So precious.

Kerry said...

Adorable theme and baby of course! This is my favorite post in ages! I can't get enough of this cute little baby! I'm sure there is nobody that can look at him and not smiles!

Shelly said...

The party turned out great!! I love this post full of pictures! He is so cute! I can't wait to see you all soon!

misty said...

Love the party theme! Love the pics, too. What camera does she use? She's great!