Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Congralulation son your Gratuation!

(Some of my favorite posts on the Cakewrecks blog are the graduation ones. Who knew there were so many different ways to misspell one word!)


Lots of scholarly stuff happening in the Moore and Nelson families this month! Graduations all over the place. There's my brother Matt with his Masters in International Relations. My brother Clark and his B.A. in History and English. (From A&M! Whoop!) Then Brendon's sisters Karisa and Amberly recently finished up their Bachelors in Business. Kimmy finished her (second) Associates. And not to leave anyone out, earlier this year Shelby finished his Bachelors, and Travis, Amberly's husband, graduated with top honors from his MBA program at Ohio State.


What impresses me most about this list is that most of these guys completed these degrees as non-traditional students, either returning to school after many years, or completing their coursework while holding down full-time jobs in or outside the home. No small feat, for sure.


To all of you, we are very proud! You've worked hard and deserve all of the success those diplomas bring you!


Shelby___ow___spelling
(Image from Cakewrecks



5 comments:

Marchelle said...

I love Cakewrecks. I laugh so hard I cry sometimes. That is an impressive list of graduates. Congratulations to them all.

Kari said...

Cakewrecks cracks me up.

Shelly said...

Yes, congratulations to them all! Way to go!!

Sweetpea said...

Slight correction, unfortunately I missed joining in on the graduation this semester due to increased classes and having a baby last year. But, you can celebrate for me in the spring when I graduate. :-)
(but I will have the most credits upon graduation out of Karisa, Shelby and I- does that count for anything? lol)

Leigh said...

Well, Amberly, at least having a baby only threw you off one semester...not, oh, six plus semesters like it did for me! Consider it an early congratulations. You deserve it even more for seeing Travis through all of his schooling, anyway! (And maybe more to come!)