Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in Pictures

Oh, Monday. The end to our long Christmas weekend. (Don't you love it when Christmas lands on a Friday?) It was >thisclose< to being everything I had hoped for at the beginning of last week. We had a few minor bumps, like Aubrey throwing up twice on Christmas Eve...because nothing says magic like cleaning up a little puke, right? But, all things considered, it was a lovely holiday, complete with big, fluffly snowflakes falling outside the window on Christmas Eve, and a bit more of the white stuff on our lawn and rooftop Christmas morning. Unbelievable!


I'm taking a page from Shelly's blog this morning and made some picture collages of each of the kids...


Cmas_shayne_Page000 


Santa is on my Naughty List this year. He brought Shayne the Star Wars blaster that I repeatedly vetoed off his wish list. Darn that Santa. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing Brendon and I got him that Captain Rex costume that matches it so perfectly. ;)


Cmas_grace_Page000 


Gracie was the most fun this year in terms of her enthusiasm. She was squealing with anxiousness before they were allowed in the living room Christmas morning, and then made a sliding dive into the "Superhero" Barbies Santa brought. One of my favorite Christmas moments came when she was opening Shayne's gift to her. While she was unwrapping, he explained that, try as he might, he just couldn't find THE BEST gift for her, so he had had to choose something that was maybe not-the best. She got the puzzle open and cut him off mid-sentence with a hug and an, "Oh it is GREAT, Shayne." So sweet.


(On an un-related note, whenever I look at those bottom pictures of her on her skateboard, I get the sinking feeling we are in. trouble. when she gets older. Stay away boys! Especially skater boys!)


Cmas_aubs_Page000  


There were two presents that ellicited the tell-tale gasp of excitement from Aubrey, and they weren't the two I was expecting. One was a Disney snowglobe tumbler glass, just like big sister's, and the other was an umbrella stroller from Nana for her babies. She spent most of the weekend feeding the babies, pushing a baby in the stroller, or making up little play meals for the rest of us to eat with her. What a fun stage.


Cmas_alex 


Alex spent most of his Christmas looking at all of us with a stare that read, "I'm tired, and you people are all crazy."


Sad to see it all come to a close this morning. Good thing we have another holiday weekend right around the corner! Hooray!



5 comments:

Shelly said...

What fun! The story of Shayne's present to Gracie and her reaction and the picture made me a little teary. SO Sweet!

Marchelle said...

Gracie on the skateboard is awesome! Watch out mom and dad when she turns 16.

Shannon said...

Our kids should get together to do some skateboarding! They were definitely a BIG hit at our house this year!

Kerry said...

Love the skater pictures! What on earth did Shelby do to all the Moore kids?

Sissa said...

So glad to see that we're not the only younger cousins with skateboards now! Next vacation we'll have to haul our boards to your house!