Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Photos

As I've mentioned before, Gracie has probably shown the most outward signs of a difficult adjustment this summer. New baby brother + no more naps sometimes takes it's toll, especially on a girl who's always needed more than her fair share of "cutie sleep." And if she's going to lose it, she's usually going to do it at bedtime. It's SO much fun!


Back at the end of June, I guess she got just as tired of the oubursts at the rest of us and decided to take matters into her own hands. These signs hanging above and around her bed are the result:


Other5 


"No More Coming Out" (after bedtime for another drink, another question, etc. etc.)


Other4 


"Ignore Aubrey is Screaming" (Translation: When Aubrey is trying to talk to you and keep you up after bedtime, ignore her, even if she yells your name.)


Other3 


Other2


All her own idea and without any input from us, other than asking how to spell a word. I love the sixteen pieces of tape she used to hang each one, and the fact that she felt the need to put "From Gracie" on each.


She really is trying, bless her heart!



4 comments:

Shelly said...

I forgot that you told me about these little self-help notes. So sweet and the question is -- Are they helping?

Jenny said...

I looove it! so cute.

Kristie said...

Awwwww. So self disciplined. At least you don't have to tell her over and over again. You can just refer her to her Notes.

Becky said...

Shame she didn't sign her last name....since you have no idea WHICH "Gracie" might have composed them....