Friday, May 22, 2009

Little Brother


Alex1


is not so little! Introducing Alex Nelson Moore, weighing in at...are you ready for this?


ELEVEN pounds SIX ounces!!!!


Alex2



WOW. He's a whopper, to say the least! I seriously could not believe the number when I heard it. I did expect to break the nine pound mark this time around (the other kids have been 8.4, 8.7, and 8.13 respectively), but wow. Eleven?! Hello, no wonder I've been more uncomfortable! (And I'm blaming it all on Brendon's superior cookie-making skills. ;)


We're both doing well though and we're all looking forward to getting to know one another over the next few days.


Thanks for all of the prayers and well-wishes. We love and appreciate you all!


P.S. for my Aggie friends: Note Alex's initials. Nothing like a little subliminal influence from birth! Hee!



18 comments:

Kristie said...

WHOOP!! Congratulations!!! You carried those extra 2.5 lbs beautifully!!

Jenny said...

He maybe looks a little like Matt, huh?
See you soon!

Sharon said...

I'll second that WHOOP! He's awesome!!!!

Sharon said...

Can I call him Elvis????

Shannon said...

He is so cute! I agree with Jenny...my first thought was that he looked alot like Matt! Congratulations!! Love you guys!

Becky said...

My Hannah was 11/6, too! Beautiful boy!

Aunt Helen said...

I agree with Jenny and Shannon...he has a little look of Matt! He's beautiful!! Can hardly wait to see him this summer.

Marchelle said...

We can't wait to meet him! He's beautiful.

Mandy said...

Well, he is SUPER CUTE if he looks like Matt! Congrats! We look forward to meeting him.

Shelly said...

He is adorable!! I can't wait to meet him! Congratulations!!!

Kerry said...

What a super cute big boy!! I'm already in love with the chubby-ness!!
Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you!

Sweetpea said...

Are you trying to one up me on size? I am not sure that I would be proud to have one that big. lol Just be glad that it was a c-section! :-)

Rom Tom said...

WHOOP!! Congratulations!!! I love his little rolls!! He's beautiful!

Alison Havens said...

Congratulations!!!! He is as precious as can be :) I would love to hear what size he wears now...no newborn diapers for him!

Nicole said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! What a boy!!!! congrats!

Shannon said...

Would love to see some more pictures! He's so cute!

Shelly said...

I agree with Shannon. I want to see more pictures!

Misty said...

As usual, I'm delayed on checking your blog. Congrats on a cute baby boy! I think his facial features look tons like your mom. Cute kid! Hope you're doing well. Also, do you care if I tell my mom what your blog address is? She wants to see the pics, but I'll tell her not to link to it...if you don't mind. :)