Friday, January 16, 2009

FYI

Rings 


If you have a rather large insurance deductible and you're ever told by both the jeweler and your doctor that the only place to get your wedding rings cut off of your swollen, pregnant finger is the Emergency Room (which will have to admit you to do it) be sure to do a little research first. A quick google for "ring cutter" can show you several options just like the gadget they use in the ER available for...get this...under $25.00. You can buy one on Amazon, for crying out loud.


Yeah.


Information that would have been useful YESTERDAY!!!


The best part is that right after I realized what an ordeal it was going to be at the ER, they decided to take my blood pressure. It was through the roof because I was so annoyed, even though it had been 110/60 just 30 minutes earlier in my OB's office. So it caused "concern" and, after the rings were cut off, they made me "rest" before they would take my pressure again and release me.


Deep. calming. breaths.



10 comments:

Jenny said...

HOLY CRAP!

Kerry said...

NO!! I hope your doing ok. please fill us in!!

M N said...

Yes, I agree with Jenny...HOLY CRAP!!!!

Shannon said...

That SUCKS!! It makes me want to cry!

Marchelle said...

I think Holy Crap is appropriate!!

Nicole said...

OH NO!!!!!!!! That breaks my heart!! i am so sorry. Were the rinsg insured? Does this count as an accident to be able to get them repaired. boohoo.

Rom Tom said...

Seriously...this makes me want to cry, too!

Mom Moore said...

This isn't what you want to hear now...I went to the jewelers and had them cut mine off. It was free. Are you okay? They can put them back together fortunately.

Lorraine Starks said...

Congratulations on being pregnant! I'm so sorry about your rings. I took my engagement ring off several months ago, but my wedding band won't come off. Hopefully my finger will be okay for the next 12 days. :)

sharon said...

Oh SNAP! (get it? I crack myself up).