We spent four fun days down at the coast last weekend with a bunch of family. (Everyone in the Nelson family was there except Bill--missed him--and Helen, Shannon and her kids came down from Oklahoma.) It started out as one of those ideas you sit on for a long time, thinking, "We should do that." But rather uncharacteristically, I actually moved forward with it about two months ago with some calls and emails, and before I knew it, it was practically a reunion. I was so glad everyone could come. And I was so glad that Port Aransas was not affected by the hurricane. The weather was perfect, the crowd was minimal, and the water was cool and clear...the makings of a great beach weekend.
I think it's safe to say that it even rectified the Great Florida Beach Disaster of '07, wherein my children vowed that they'd never go back again. Check out the beach bums now...
One of my favorite memories from the weekend would have to be when, on the second day, Shayne came to rest by me on the blanket because a painful little burn or rash on his leg was bothering him in the salt water. After a moment, big tears began welling up in his eyes, and in the saddest voice he said, "But I'm missing my fun time." Within minutes he was up and at it again, having realized that the pain of missing out was greater than any physical pain.
Collectively, we took so many fun pictures this weekend. Too many to post, so expect to see beach pictures popping up again and again until I get my fill! Here is a collage of just a few more favorites (click for larger version)...
I have another special edition of Friday Photos planned for later this afternoon, so check back in...it'll be nice and sappy!
4 comments:
Looks like ya'll had a great time!! I think my dad has the exact same hat as yours! You look great in your bathing suit from those paparazzi angles! Can't wait to see more later.
Thanks for following through on this idea. My kids have really not stopped talking about it. Lauren asked when we could go back.
Great pics, too.
Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad the kiddos gave it another try after Disneyland.
Fun! Looks like your kids enjoyed themselves. :)
Post a Comment