Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Photo

Things have been kind of quiet on the blog front, eh?


My cousin Shannon and her kids are coming down from Oklahoma to hang out with us next week, and having company coming always forces me to tackle projects around the house that I've been procrastinating for too long. It's good for me...you people should come visit more often! So that's mostly what I've been up to lately...that and stalking craigslist. On the hunt for some kind of cabinet or buffet for the dining room to stash all of our homeschooling stuff in.


Anyway, how about a photo for Friday?


        Shayner


This was Shayne's ensemble one morning when he decided to be a pirate for the day. I helped him make the pirate hat (which he insisted on wearing the wrong way), and he used Dad's belt to hold his pet parrot (a finger puppet) on his shoulder. And lacking a puffy shirt, knickers and a sword or dagger, he decided to go with the Star Wars shirt, pajama shorts, and the always useful lightsaber.


It all just screams "pirate" doesn't it? Arrrgh, matey!



3 comments:

Matt said...

Looks like he's a Space Pirate? Or is he a Pirate of Penzance? Whatever the heck that is. Does he burst into song for no apparent reason? Or is he possibly a Space version of Peter Pan or Robin Hood?

Shelly said...

Cute pic! And Matt, I love your comments!

Nicole said...

I swear my Braden plays dress up more than Callie ever did! & he is so dang creative with it! I bet our boys would get along so well!