Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Photos

               Aubreys_first_layout



I'm going to be working on "A Page-A-Day in May" scrapbook challenge this month. I've actually not scrapped at all for about the last year and a half...basically since just before Aubrey was born, other than to complete the Moore family Christmas pages each December. So, the above is Aubrey's first scrapbook page. Ta da!



Once I started yesterday, though, I can't say that I really enjoyed it. It was almost painful! That can't be good in terms of a hobby, can it? It is totally messy!! Or, more accurately, I am totally messy when I scrap...my dining room table is a wreck now. And, I am sooooo slow at it that it was frustrating.



But still, I want to do this challenge, if nothing else to see if I want to keep doing it. I really do want to figure out a way to make this work because, quite frankly, I feel like I've got too much cash invested in pretty paper and glue to give it up completely. (Can I get an Amen from all the scrapbookers out there?) So I have some plans...some digital layouts to help control the mess, some scrap nights with friends (Kristie, I'll be calling you!), and some stories that I want to be sure to record.



All that to say that, over on the right-hand sidebar, at the bottom, is a link to my Page-A-Day photo album where you can check in on my progress this month. And you never know when you might show up on one of the layouts yourself...I've got quite a few stories that need to be recorded about most of y'all!



Happy May!



3 comments:

Marchelle said...

Amen. I'm about to just start getting albums and trying to at least get the pictures put in some sort of order and going from there.

Becky said...

I haven't done albums in two years. I am not worthy.

Kerry said...

LEIGH!!! I can't believe you would give up scrapping! I wanted to do the page a day challange but can't get into it for just one page, so I just set aside a couple hours and do it! Between this weekend and last I managed a whopping 20 pages which were double layouts.. so all together 40 pages! (ok bragging over) So instead of doing a page a day my goal is to make sure I get five pages done a week. Just not one a day as I agree too big of a mess.