We're gearing up here at the Moore house for Gracie's birthday shindig this weekend. She decided some time last month that it was to be a Snow White themed party. Okaaay. It's not like she is obsessed over Snow White or the movie like she was with Ariel this time last year; I think she's probably only seen the movie maybe two times total. But somehow in her mind, she is thinking, "I had an Ariel birthday last time...so, my parties must = Disney Princesses, and Snow White is next in line." Apparently we're checking off the line of princesses, one by one. She is already making plans for next year, the year of Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).
So, okay. A Snow White party...let's see. I checked all of my regular resources...birthdaypartyideas.com, etc. and came up with only one idea and zippo on the party supplies, unless I wanted to purchase the "hard to find Snow White plates and napkins" on ebay for $75. Um, no thanks. There's just not a lot of love going around out there for ol' Snow White. Poor little soul...Cinderella, Ariel, and Belle just hog all the spotlight.
In retrospect, I should have come here and solicited ideas from all of my super creative, excellent party planning friends and family. Thankfully, though, we're still in the small family dinner party stage with our kids, so we can make do without too many extras, games, etc. For food, I had a brainstorming session with Gracie, and she reminded me that the Seven Dwarves ate soup after they washed their hands, and Snow White ate a poison apple. A ha! Smart girl, there's our menu! Soup and rolls and some apple slices for the kiddos...perfect for the chilly weather we've been having, too.
Sans any pre-made decorations and such, we are opting for tulle, balloons, and a Snow White cake. This is the one she picked out at Cakecentral.com...wish me luck, people!
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to party prep I go! We're going to give Snow White her due this weekend!

3 comments:
You can do one 10 times better than that one...I saw a Snow white "costume" over at Carol & Company in the Crossroads West Shopping Center. And isn't Snow White getting up in her years these days? 71 years old I think. Disney is just playing up the younger and skinnier Princesses these days. Out with the old and in with the new. I think Kaylee has a ring with Snow White on it from her birthday if you need it. Good Luck and don't do out in the forest alone!
I can't wait to see your cake creation! I am sorry to hear that Snow White doesn't get as much attention because I love her! Good luck trying to please you little princess...I mean Snow White.
I love that cake- so cute!!!!! Have fun & take pics!
Post a Comment